Care for jewellery
- Separate your jewellery - gemstones can easily scratch other gemstones, pearls or precious metals, and delicate chains can become tangled.
- Keep your jewellery wrapped in the acid-free tissue paper in which it was supplied to reduce tarnishing.
- Store your jewellery in sealed plastic bags along with a fresh anti-tarnish strip, which absorbs sulphides and other air pollutants
- Take extra care with pearls which are a natural product and easily scratched or discoloured by makeup, hairspray and household cleaners.
Wearing your Jewellery
- Put your jewellery on last when dressing and remove it first when undressing to reduce the possibility of snagging it on your clothing.
- Do not expose your jewellery to deodorant, perfume, makeup or suntan lotion which can tarnish precious metals, cloud gemstones and discolour pearls.
- Remove jewellery before bathing, especially in chlorinated or salt water.
- Gently clean your jewellery with the supplied cloth to remove dust, oils and other surface contaminants.
- Do not rub matt, textured or gold-plated surfaces as they can be irreversibly damaged.
- Do not immerse pearls or gemstones in ‘silver dip’ type cleaners as they may discolour, soften and lose their lustre.